On Monday it was absolutely boiling, and Zoe (fashion blogger for runway) and I decided to wander through fields on a bit of a walk, and of course we both took the opportunity to share our summeroutfits.
I wore a high waisted floral skirt with a navy turtleneck sleeveless crop top (Primark, £2.50) with black studded pumps.
My 2 top buys this week both came from Primark, and at such a great price. The crop top was only £2.50 which is an absolute bargain, and I also bought these necklaces which came in a three pack:
i got back from turkey yesterday with my mum and my best friend and we had the most amazing time. We booked it 2 days before so it was quite spontaneous, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, the hotel was amazing and i just wish i could be back there now! it was so hot that denim shorts, crop tops and basically everything else i brought with me were off the menu. Instead my daily outfit was a change between bikinis and my straw hat (new look).
We barely saw anything of Turkey’s culture, in fact the only time we left the hotel was at the end of the holiday when our coach picked us up. The hotel had everything we needed and it was so nice just to relax after GCSEs and be by and in the pool! All we did was eat, sleep and relax 24/7, which could be boring for some people but was perff for me!
There’s not really much else to say but I’ll just share a few photos;
Ice creams; milkshakes; photos; sun and Annabel- pretty much sums up the lovely day we had at the beach at the weekend! Annabel took me to Aldeburgh yet again (see my previous Aldeburgh post here), and I had a lovely time exploring Aldeburgh and Thorpeness, which are both beautiful coastal towns in the English county of Suffolk.
I wore a burgundy cardigan (Primark), a ruffled top (Topshop), blue converse, suede leggings, and pearl earrings (Accessorize). We also made a quick visit to Southworld and it’s pier, where we also had lunch and also explored!
The beach at Aldeburgh had lots of boats on, which were perfect to take some artsy photos..!
Our icecreams from a shop in Aldeburgh, I was so excited when they had gluten free cones available aha
Haven’t written in such a long time, literally because I’ve barely seen shopping recently or done anything exciting so thought I wouldn’t bore you guys
Anyway, even when I did go shopping (with fashion blogger Zoe) I found nothing I went looking for, or at least found most things I went in for but nothing in my size! It was so annoying and i’d been so excited as well to go shopping. I’m looking forward to summer so much and the weather started to actually get better, every day I just get more and more excited. I’ve got 7 days until my last exam and then that’s me done at school woooo, so summer holidays will be a month earlier this year yay
After my depressing shopping trip, I decided to have a search on the internet to make me feel better. Even though the online shops still didn’t have what i wanted in my size online, i found some other cute picks which I’ve put on my June 2013 wishlist. There’s not too many as of yet, and besides it is only the 5th.
These white high waisted shorts are absolutely gorgeous, or at least they seem perfect from Topshop’s online photo. The light material means they are perfect for summer whilst the shape is just so simply flattering. You might not be able to see from the photo but they have small, cute little flowers embroided in the lace.
I don’t usually go for these sort of tops but I tried this on in the shop seeing as Zoe was trying something on too. I absolutely adore the pattern and the vibrant colours, and it would go nicely with some high waisted shorts or a skirt (see no. 6).
I was overjoyed when i saw this on H&M’s website, as first of all i thought hey it’s a nice top, but when i saw the price things just got better. At only £4.99 it seems a massive bargain, and so perf to go with everything. It is open-work lace and I can imagine it’s perfect for sliding on over a bikini after a dip in the pool on holiday. It’s available in cream (like the colour of the top in no. 5), which I think I would go for considering the weather.
Okay so I know what you’re probably thinking, how on earth are these appropriate for the sunny weather? Yeah me too but I seriously think these are amazing. I tried some on similar in Primark and they were beautiful, but for £15 in Primark I thought they weren’t worth it for the quality. Boohoo, Asos and MissGuided all have practically identical leggings for only £5 more which I think is worth it because of the higher quality. They probably aren’t best for summer because I’d totally bake in them but just wanted to share my thoughts on them!
This is really quite similar to number 3, but slightly different! It has gorgeous sequin embellishments over it and is sleeveless. I probably wouldn’t buy both 3 and this one, plus also there is quite a big price difference.
This is one of the items of clothing I’ve been wanting for quite a while now, and I’ve been in several times to get it but wasn’t there! Finally decided to order it online, it was in my basket and everything was great…. and then it went out of stock. So, I have still not bought it but I am still looking for it every time I go shopping. This would be such a useful skirt to have as you could quickly put it on and match it with almost anything. I’ve noticed Topshop (and practically every other shop) has a similar skirt for only £20, so I may buy from there if New Look never get it back in. I feel it would be my ‘summer skirt’ that I would wear just so much and make so much use out of, but maybe something with come up in the shops in the next few weeks that will become my summer skirt.
I have to admit I didn’t think I’d be writing for so long but I just kept finding more and more online..
I really really really want a cute sundress, so really any white/delicate dress is on my wishlist, not just this particular Topshop one. Basically the same explanation- but it is perfect for summer- perfect for the beach, holidays, town, picnics, and the list is endless.
8) SELECTION OF BOOHOO’S NECKLACES | From top to bottom; £6, £8, £10
Necklaces like these help to make a simple outfit a bit more exciting or change the look slightly, and are all at very reasonable prices. These ones from boohoo caught my eye, especially the Heidi Bird Necklace which creates such a statement. The Lucy Triangle Double Chain Pendant is also very likely to go with every outfit, which is what makes it such a good buy. The Mia Cut Out Tribal Necklace is also ideal for festivals or to finish an outfit off.
Let me know what your favourites for june 2013 are, also I’d like to follow a few more other fashion/photography/life bloggers so leave your blog link in the comments! Be sure to like this post (if you did aha) and a follow would be nice too if you’re feeling crazy. Follow me by clicking on the post name, scrolling to the bottom and click ‘Follow this blog via email’. Also be sure to enter my poll below! x
I noticed a bit of a trend with the ‘50 facts about me‘ posts by bloggers, so I have decided to do make a list of 25 random facts about me! I’m sure there will be some normal facts but also some totally random facts which come off the top of my head, so lets get started;
1. My name is Tallulah
2. I’m 15 years old and will soon be 16
3. I have one brother and one sister who are both older than me
4. I go to an all girls school
5. I’m a Coeliac so I follow a gluten free diet (most of the time)
6. My twitter name is @imsom00dy because my surname is ‘Moody’
7. I’m planning to take French, Art, Geography and English Literature for A-Level
8. When I was younger I was a bridesmaid for my uncle- I took of my dress and wore my pants and Mickey Mouse socks wooo(Y)
9. I have no idea what I want to do/be when I’m older
10. I had braces until about a year ago
11. I’m quite a chocoholic and I eat way too much of it
12. I love having painted nails but I barely paint them because I hate it when it chips off
13. I love summer, and hate the cold weather in winter, especially in England
14. I’m obsessed with Instagram and blogging, I also have another blog about gluten free eating, as well as a few Instagram accounts beside my @cambridgeblogger one
15. I think carrots and humous and the most glorified combination, I could just eat it all day every day
16. I don’t really have favourite colours, but if I had to choose it’d being something light like lilac or light blue
17. I volunteered at Oxfam for half a year, it was an…interesting experience
18. When I was younger I went to the beach with my best friends family & the day ended with fourteen police looking for my friend (Deborah) and I, and they were just about to release a helicopter. We had walked miles down to the peer as my brother and sister had told us we could find multicoloured shells (we didn’t) and we thought it would be best if we didn’t tell anyone so we found the multicoloured shells before anyone else (greedy)
19. When I’m older I want to start a vlog
20. I love being with all my family at weddings and family gatherings, it’s the funnest thing
21. My parents only called me Tallulah temporarily cos they didn’t know what else to call me, but it ended up sticking! The only thing is they made it a 2nd name, so my 1st name is actually Harriet
22. My hair is drop dead straight and I hate it, I’ve tried so many ways to make it have more volume
23. I HATE posting blurry photos on Instagram or if someone has a blurry Facebook profile picture
24. At the moment my favourite program is probably Made in Chelsea, but since its only on every Monday, I watch How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory in between
25. Binky from MIC has retweeted me and quoted one of my tweets
I hope you can say you now know a bit more about me, so yeah if you have an questions or can agree with one of the random facts then comment below! And pleaaaaase be sure to like the post and follow, it would mean so much!